Thursday, January 25, 2007

Misinterpretation

Okay, so after seeing the video of The Country Wife I now have a totally different interpretation of the play. When reading it I thought that Mr. Pinchwife was a cruel, violent selfish character who was married to a very sweet innocent vulnerable young woman. haha How wrong was I? this video presented Mr. Pinchwife to be a crazy man with a few loose screws and for Mrs. Pinchwife to be a promiscuous young vixen who needs to be tamed..However, after seeing the video I now enjoy the play more, the video helped me to understand some things that were confusing me, such as the character interpretation. The play makes more sense when I saw it being performed, because when I read it I had some of the characters darker and More serious. (Thanks for showing the Video Dr. Jones, especially for this play, It helped a lot, Even though Mr and Mrs Pinchwife were really annoying! ha ha)
Have a good day everyone, see you next week

1 comment:

Miriam Jones said...

I just wish there was a video for every play we are doing!